Jira Fields List
Are you looking to improve your project management efficiency and the overall workflow of your team in Hyderabad? The Jira project management tool is the one you are looking for! In the bustling city of Hyderabad, where technology and culture converge – the need for Jira is booming.
Mindmajix, as the gateway of Jira training in Hyderabad, is pivotal in unlocking the process of seamless project management. Overall, our course provides detailed training about Jira, its list of fields, and how to use them.
What are Jira fields, and what is the significance of projects?
Jira fields are the best building blocks, especially when it comes to data and information for the management of projects. These small commands play a major role when it comes to organizing, managing, and customizing projects. Overall, users can add multiple types of fields ranging from the simple one-line text all the way to complex data adsets. But that is not the only thing Jira can do! These fields can also be used to measure the time taken for each task while analyzing team performances.
In fact, Jira field lists support the tracking, analysis, and testing of projects to make sure that they can be completed in the least possible time.
List of Jira fields and their uses
- Date Picker: The data picker field provides users with the option of adding date information via the calendar selection. When these are company-based projects, they are usually known as data picker fields. When users want to add a specific date to their tasks, they can simply type the date in the field and get the necessary details.
- Checkbox field: The checkbox field is perfect for those users who need to add multiple options to a list. For company-managed projects, this field is often known as ‘select or multi-select’ lists. The checkbox field is perfect for entering data as it reduces the errors during entry. This field also helps increase overall correction completions by reducing the total options available to complete this field.
- add numerical details as free-form text. These single-line boxes offer people the option to complete their field with a number. So far, any number from 1 to 1 trillion can be added here, including decimal points. But there are two aspects that Jira users need to keep in mind:
- Jira rounds up the decimal point to the nearest 1000th place. E.g., if the number is 8.888888, then the platform will round it up to 8.889.
- Users can add larger numbers with scientific notations. E.g., 8000 can be added as 8e3.
- Label fields: These fields help users tag issues with text snippets that can be entered as free-form texts. These Jira labels help reduce entry errors and are quite powerful, especially when the project is at the maturation stage. Users can use the generic fields or create new labels that help sort and filter issues. So far, Jira users can add more than 55 labels in their label fields.
- Paragraph fields: The paragraph field is a free-form text field that users can use to add their inputs. Often known as the text or multi-line text fields – they appear as rich-text editors and can include headings and other font treatments. Users can also include links, emojis, mentions, and other text components here. One major difference is that the field size is large enough to include detailed, long-term responses that help complete the field. Currently, users can add over 32000 characters, but the field itself can only be added in the description section of issue types in software projects.
- TimeStamp fields: if you want to add the time of day details, then the time stamp field offers a calendar and dropdown section. These are usually known as the ‘date time picker’ field for company projects. The unique aspect of this field is that there are two main input areas – one where you can specify the date and another the time.
- People fields: This field allows users to insert the names of people from across the entire Jira site into a field on the issue view. For company-managed projects, these are often called ‘user-picker’ fields. By default, you can also add people who are not a part of Jira on your site. As a default setting, this field provides users with the option to add multiple names in the people field. It can also be restricted to a single person by just ticking the ‘restrict to single person’ box. When you restrict a single-person field, there are two things to remember:
- For newly created issues, the field will only accept one single person.
- Any previous issue that has multiple fields will retain all those people who are associated with it.
- Short text fields: The short text field provides people with the option of adding details in the information section. For company-managed projects, these are termed ‘text fields’ or ‘single-line text’ fields. These are concise single-line text boxes that capture only plain texts. Currently, these short text fields can only be included in the context section in issue types to reduce any discrepancy.
- Dropdown fields: The dropdown field offers users the option to select the issue from a dropdown list. For company-managed projects, these are called ‘select list’ or ‘single-select’ fields. Dropdown fields are perfect for data entry as they reduce any errors in the entry that might occur.
- Dependent dropdown fields: The dependent dropdown field allows users to choose their options from the two dropdown lists – the parent and child lists. The dependent dropdown fields start categorizing long list options and reduce the total number of choices that are needed to complete the field properly. When users select options from parent dropdown lists, the child list gets populated with the multiple options that are added to the parent list.
- The time-tracker fields: The time-tracker fields allow people to check how much time they have worked on a particular issue. It can also show how much time is estimated to complete the work.
Best Practices and Tips for Using Jira Fields
When getting Jira Training in Hyderabad from the best institute, MindMajix, there are some practices and tips that are important to know:
- When creating a new project on Jira, it is essential to know the nature of the project and simplify the field list accordingly.
- The label field is global in nature but comes with its own field context. So, when creating labels that belong to groups or single projects, remember to use different label fields.
- When adding the timestamp field, remember that editing it can be difficult when using the Agile add-on.
- When you monitor and track the use of labels, you will get new ideas for custom fields.
Why choose MindMajix for your Jira systems training?
Mindmajix is the perfect Jira training in Hyderabad that caters to professionals who want to build their careers in project management. With detailed training from us, users get exposure to live projects in issue management, Agile reporting, workflows, custom fields, troubleshooting, system dashboards, and more.
The courses include the following:
- 25 hours of training
- Over 10 hours of lab practice
- Flexible scheduling of classes
- Real-time user cases
- One-on-one doubt clearing sessions with experts
- 24/7 lifetime support
As we explore the world of Jira and its detailed fields, it is evident that these small elements hold immense power in project management. They are not just placeholders for data or details of error but are architects of streamlining the entire workflow. Overall, the synergy between Jira fields and the success of project completion cannot be denied. From adding standard fields to creating custom fields – Jira can fit multiple projects where each field contributes to making the project a success.